Saturday, 7 May 2016

Star Trek IV.

Happy (really late) May the 4th.

I may have bailed on this one due to the side effects of somewhat excessive alcohol consumption, and by saying “I may have”, I really mean “I did”. Please accept this apology in the form of a flattering and professionally crafted treatise concerning the aforementioned 1986 film Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home in the meantime, whilst I prepare a gift package for myself:

"It’s the one with the whales in it. In all honesty, this could be one of the greatest and most enjoyable motion pictures ever made, at least on par with anything made by Godard, Truffaut, Lean etc. As I transported myself away from the scene of Spock nerve-pinching a punk rocker on a San Francisco bus, I inevitably entered the mind of a young child on a Saturday morning watching TV, because this film is best made to be watched in the early hours of the weekend.”



CHEKOV HUMILIATION 4: Renews tensions between the Cold War’s biggest superpowers, damages one of San Francisco’s wharfs courtesy of a sustained head injury, and likely affects the infrastructure and schedule of one of the city’s busiest hospitals.

No comments:

Post a Comment